[vlc] Christmas Icon

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sat Dec 19 00:55:48 CET 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 04:23:26PM -0500, Rob Whelan wrote :
> Is there a way to remove or disable the Christian holiday Easter egg?  Many
> users (myself included) are not Christian and feel that this icon is

This is not a Christian reference.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Claus
and "Christians say the Santa tradition detracts from the religious
origins and purpose of Christmas."
and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Claus#Christian_opposition

> Is there a way I can remove this icon from my viewer without having to
> recompile my own copy which is something far beyond the average user's
> ability?
No.

You shouldn't see religious references everywhere.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/