[vlc] please help...?

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 26 11:09:16 CET 2009

On 26.12.2009, at 10:28, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:

> 	Hello,
>
> Le vendredi 25 décembre 2009, L-P a écrit :
>> Nowhere in the preferences can I find the so called "Directx" option.
>> None of the explanations that I have found seem relevant to the way
>> the menus are configured on the mac version and the options mentioned
>> simple do not show up.
>
> As the name implies, this option only works with Microsoft DirectX.
> You're out of luck on MacOS.

That's not exactly true because this DirectX feature is a port of a popular Mac OS X feature... ;-)

Go to the complete preferences (click "All" at the bottom of the preferences window) and navigate to Interface -> Main Interfaces -> macosx. There's an option called "Use as Desktop Background". AFAIR, this is still supported in the 0.9 series (don't try this at home with VLC 1.1-devel).

Best regards,

Felix

--
VideoLAN