[vlc] do you want a program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer

Norm Nexon norm.nexon at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 07:33:41 CET 2009

When I start VLC (on windows 7 64 bit, VLC version 1.0.3) Windows UAC always
asks me "do you want a program from an unknown publisher to make changes to
this computer"?  So I have to go thru an extra dialog to actually get VLC
running.  Very annoying.  But I don't really want to turn off UAC.

Is there any way to tell what setting that VLC is trying to modify? and a
way to stop it? or to get windows to ignore the request?

Thanks!

Norm