[vlc] Invitation to the CERT/CC Vendor Meeting [INFO#651859]

CERT Coordination Center cert at cert.org
Mon Feb 2 22:44:22 CET 2009

Hello,

The Vulnerability Analysis Team at the CERT Coordination Center
(CERT/CC) would like to invite you to a meeting we are coordinating to
bring together peers from the community with a vested interest in
vulnerability remediation. The meeting will be held on Monday, April
20, 2009 (the week of the RSA Conference) from 1:00pm to 5:00pm at

	San Francisco Marriott Hotel
	55 Fourth Street
	San Francisco, California 94103
	1-415-896-1600
	http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sfodt-san-francisco-marriott/

	The meeting will be held on the second floor in Room Foothill G

	Afternoon snacks and refreshments will be provided.
	Wireless internet access will be available to participants
	during the meeting.

This meeting is being independently hosted by the CERT/CC and is not
affiliated with the RSA Conference. You do not need to register for
the RSA Conference in order to participate in the meeting.

One of the goals of this meeting is to better understand current and
emerging security issues that affect software vendors. To this end,
please suggest topics of interest to you, and based on responses we
will modify the agenda. A sample agenda is included below. The agenda
is framed as questions intended to generate discussion, and as noted
above, we welcome suggestions about these or any other topics you may
wish to discuss.

	CERT/CC Overview

	What is the current state of vulnerability coordination and
	disclosure? Are there things we should do differently?

	What tools and techniques are being used to discover
	vulnerabilities? How can we improve our collective
	capabilities to find vulnerabilities with the goal of
	improving our Q/A processes?

	Looking to the future, what technologies and protocols
	currently pose security concerns? MD5? IPv6?

	How does standards/interoperability certification affect
	security?

	What are common software update techniques, and are they
	sufficiently secure?

	What are future directions for this meeting?

	Closing Remarks

We encourage you to share this invitation with colleagues in your
organization.  Please register at your earliest convenience as space
for the meeting is limited. Attendance will be restricted to
registered individuals. To confirm your participation, please respond
by February 27, 2009. You can reply to this message keeping the subject
intact.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Joseph
Pruszynski at +1 412-268-7090.

We look forward to your participation.

Regards,

CERT/CC Vulnerability Analysis Team