[vlc] version 8.6f versus 9.8a

Fisher Alby fisher_alby at yahoo.fr
Mon Feb 9 04:58:21 CET 2009

Dear VLC,
First of all, thank you for your admirable efforts.

I have used VLC for several years and in general love it, and it works great.

However, recently I started having problems playing back VIDEO_TS files
on DVDs I had recorded.

My computer is an intel IMAC running OSX Tiger.

The problem with VLC as far as I remember started after I installed MPlayer
several months ago. Is it possible this affected VLC?

So I installed the newest version of VLC, 9.8a.
Nothing worked well.

Then I found old versions, and for instance 8.6f works much better.

It seems some other people have had problems; that is how I found this possiblility, by googling around.

Mplayer works ok but it doesn't have certain features so I prefer VLC.

Just wanted to let you know about this issue.
Thanks again for all your work,
Yours
Alby Fisher