[vlc] Question on 'ffmpeg decoder error'

Brook Lin gnu.fans at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 02:02:55 CET 2009

Hi All,

I am using VLC as the server to receive and play the stream over UDP. After
it plays for a while, I got the error like
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 8, expected 0) for
PID 0
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 8, expected 0) for
PID 66
[00000353] ffmpeg decoder error: more than 5 seconds of late video ->
dropping frame (computer too slow ?)
[00000353] ffmpeg decoder error: more than 5 seconds of late video ->
dropping frame (computer too slow ?)
[00000353] ffmpeg decoder error: more than 5 seconds of late video ->
dropping frame (computer too slow ?)

Then the server VLC stuck there and won't play the rest of the stream. Can
anyone help me solve it? I really appreciate.

Thanks,
Brook