[vlc] VLC Media Player Troubleshooting

Kooshy Naghshineh kooshy at naghshineh.com
Sun Jan 4 20:08:03 CET 2009

Hello,

First off, I like to say how much I like VLC Media Player, job well done. I
am having an issue when playing back 1080P x264 mkv files. Every now and
then the video freezes for 1 or 2 seconds and comes back choppy and it
clears again, but the DTS audio is fine. I have tried closing all apps
running, and have tried the suggestions in your support section with no
improvement. My plasma tv however is 720P only. Could this be the problem?
My windows resolution is set to 1280, and when I set it to 1920 it doesn't
make any difference. I can watch 720P vids without any freezing. My CPU is
1.86 dual core E6300 and 4 gigs of ram with eVGA Geforce 8600 GTS. Also note
that I can play 1080P files that are WMV format with Windows Media Player
without any freezing! I think this might be a setting issue within VLC
player. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Kooshy