[vlc] VLC 1.0.0 cuts 22 seconds of video

Bruce W. Darby kracor at comcast.net
Sun Jul 12 10:29:28 CEST 2009

I had posted this to the forum, but currently am unable to let anyone know
that the issue is still present in the release version of VLC 1.0.0

I am using VLC Player 1.0.0-rc4 in Windows XP Professional w/ SP3. I have an
AMD Processor x86 Family 15 Model 127 Stepping 1 AuthenticAMD ~2210 Mhz. My
video card is an BFG PCI-E GeForce 9400GT w/ 512 MB DDR2 memory. Driver
version for the video card is 6.14.11.8618.

I have used DVDShrink to create a movie-only copy of a DVD on my HDD. If I
open VLC and play the video using the Open Disc option, the video plays
wonderfully up to the 11minute, 35 second point. At that time the video
jumps forward to the 11 minute, 57 second point, cutting out 22 seconds of
video and audio. I wanted to be sure it wasn't the copy process creating the
problem, so I opened the file directly on the dvd and the exact issue
occurred while viewing directly from the DVD.

The DVD this is occurring on is the Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of
the Rings Limited Edition 2-Disc Set. This is an interleaved DVD -
containing both the Theatrical Version and the Extended Version with both
versions having the first half of the movie on Side A and the second half on
Side B.

Steps taken to reproduce this bug -
1. Open VLC and click on Media
2. Click on Open Disc
3. Navigate to the folder containing the DVD video files and click on OK
4. Click on the Play button
5. Allow the video to play to the 11:35 mark
6. Note that the video and audio skips to 11:57

I have downloaded and installed the release of VLC 1.0.0 and the problem is
still very prevalent. I have finally been able to upload the files to a my
webspace and the files can be downloaded at the following links.

http://home.comcast.net/~kracor/downloads/lotr_fotr/video_ts.ifo

http://home.comcast.net/~kracor/downloads/lotr_fotr/vts_01_0.ifo

http://home.comcast.net/~kracor/downloads/lotr_fotr/vts_01_1.vob

If this is the incorrect place to post this, I do apologize.