[vlc] problems installing VLC

Stephan Bohemier stephanbohemier at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 06:20:57 CEST 2009

Hello,

I'm having difficulties installing the new VLC player...(windows XP)

I'm following all of the automated steps when installing it...but when it
starts extracting...this error message immediately pops up. :

C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\libvlccore.dll

I either have to abort...or ignore it.  But when I click "ignore"...the same
thing happens when it gets to :

C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\plugins\libvout_directx_plugin.dll

Once "installed"...when I try to open a video file...

I get this message:

Entry Point Not Found - The procedure entry point_input_Create could not be
located in the dynamic link library libvlccore.dll.

Please help help if you know what's going on!!

Thanks for your time,

A very frustrated,

Stephan Bohemier