[vlc] Problem applying skins, possible solution included

Bjørnar Hjelkrem borniehj at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 03:11:07 CEST 2009

Hi.
I have installed VLC on my PC, and am unable to apply ANY skin to the
VLC-player. And I think it is because I am running Windows XP, and I have an
"ø" (a norwegian letter) in my username. I am neither able to select a skin
via the preferences-menu, nor through the right-click menu. However, if I
create an account with only english letters, everything works perfectly on
the first try.

I guess this is not something a quick patch would fix, but something I think
should be fixed sometime in the future, and wanted to bring it to your
attention.

A short reply just to know you have recieved this email would be much
appriciated :)

Sincerely
Bjørnar