[vlc] VLC bug ?

Paul Rutgers van der Loeff paulrvdloeff at tele2.nl
Wed Jun 3 14:46:12 CEST 2009

Hi,
Working on my iMac G5 with Leopard (v 10.5.7), I more than once - but
not with every disc - try in vain to play bought or self-made DVD's
with VLC (v 0.9.9a).
After activating the VLC application, I click on the disc button in
the screen called 'open source' . There the DVD that I inserted is
mentioned in blue.

Then, as I click on the blue OK button the DVD should begin to play.
But instead of that in the 'VLC media player' screen the playing-point
jumps completely to the end at the right side as if the movie was
played to the end. The same happens at the same time in the just
opened screen with the name and image of the DVD. Clicking the double
arrow on the left to move the playing-point back to the beginning of
the movie, doesn't help, because the point immediately jumps again to
the finish at the right.

Resetting VLC in the preferences didn't solve the problem, nor does
replacing the whole application with a new download of VLC help.
The actual VLC.crash.log is the following:

How to overcome this problem / bug ?
Kind regards

Paul RvdLoeff