[vlc] Strange no video problem

Kevin Van Bell vanbekm at westminster.edu
Sat Jun 13 07:59:26 CEST 2009

Hi guys and gals, I hope I'm directing this email to the right place.

I'm having a very specific problem here. I'm using a dual monitor set up (other specs: VLC version 0.9.9, Vista 32-bit SP1, GeForce 8600mGT, Duo-Core 2.5). On my secondary screen, I'm trying to watch DVD's on VLC. On the first screen, trying to place a game (Lord of the Rings Online if it matters) full screen. I'm watching the videos in a fully expanded box, but not full screen.

If the game is playing full screen, the video screen turns black on VLC, but the interface stays the same. If the game is played in a windowed mode, I can watch videos just fine (but that makes game framerate suck, and who wants that?).

I have one setting changed, and that is the always on top selection is on, but it doesn't help.

Thanks for the help.

-KVB