[vlc] Close VLC by command

Brook Lin gnu.fans at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 4 20:24:34 CET 2009

Thanks Remi for your reply. How about I do the following change? I am using
VLC to capture the video from the webcam and then save the stream out to a
file. Here is the code in cshell

while true:
    vlc v4l:// :v4l-vdev="/dev/video" :v4l-adev="/dev/dsp" :v4l-norm=3
:v4l-frequency=-1 --sout
'#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=1024,scale=1,acodec=mpga,ab=192,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=display,dst=std{access=file,mux=ts,dst="/home/Desktop/file"}}'

    sudo ./my code to transmit 'file' that I got from the stream out, say
just transmitting 1M file,then this transmitting process stops.

    close vlc -- my question is can I close the vlc by command here and how?

I want to run these three scripts one by one in a loop. Could anyone help me
out? Thanks so much!

Brook