[vlc] Close VLC by command

Keith Kyzivat kamaji at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 19:32:47 CET 2009

UDP by definition is neither unicast nor multicast.  You can (and often do)
have unicast UDP traffic.
Now, you cannot do TCP with multicast, as TCP defines two-way communication
- which, obviously makes no sense for a multicast 1-n connection.

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 1:21 PM, Arioch <the_Arioch at nm.ru> wrote:

> OTOH, as Remi told me, UDP is MultiCast, that both requires all-modern
> infra structure (home routers are usualy unicast-only :-( ) and potentially
> can transmit video to more recevers than you wanted.
>
> Perhaps it would be better to send stream within some encapsulation, like
> RTSP protocol ?
>
> --
> Используется революционный почтовый клиент браузера Opera:
> http://www.opera.com/mail/

Keith Kyzivat

SIPez LLC.
SIP VoIP, IM and Presence Consulting