[vlc] chapters support

Markus Kuenne markus.kuenne at cs.tu-dortmund.de
Fri Mar 6 23:44:21 CET 2009

Hello there,

A long time ago I used the micro-dvd-player which - among other features
- allowed me to specify "chapters" for a video file - similar to those
on DVDs.

I've switched to VLC in the meantime, still this is a feature I haven't
yet found. Is there any option to provide a chapter list (as text file?,
given by frame number or something?) to VLC so you can easily switch
between certain points in the movie?

I've tried the Bookmark function but it isn't able to save the bookmarks
and somehow I never can skip to the point where I added the bookmark.

I could also imagine some kind of "movie-config-file" (xml?) including
the movie filename plus chapters plus some default options.

Regards,

Markus Künne