[vlc] error on vlc on windows XP

gerald talenga ghumanfly at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 14:32:17 CET 2009

good day.
i am having some challenges when playing video and audio files on my Win XP
machine. I acquire music or movies on my laptop which is running Vista, but
when i try to play them on my xp machine, vlc gives me the below error
message. The files play properly on vista, but they dont play on XP. I am
running the same vlc player on both machines. this only happens when i
tranfer files to my hard drive from my vista machine to my xp machine.
Please advise if any of your other users have experienced this problem and
if there is a way out.

File reading failed:
VLC could not open the file "F:\from
Collin\The_Rootz_Underground_Movement_-_MOVEMENT_The_Mixtape.mp3".

Your input can't be opened:

VLC is unable to open the MRL 'F:\from
Collin\The_Rootz_Underground_Movement_-_MOVEMENT_The_Mixtape.mp3'. Check the
log for details.