[vlc] I have a problem with VLC media player 0.9.8a Grishenko

Marc Brodsky marcdbrodsky at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 23:58:35 CET 2009

VLC,

I have a problem with VLC media player 0.9.8a Grishenko:

It plays many file types e.g. wmv, avi, mpg flv and closes o.k. but when I
play a VOB file and then close the VLC player my system locks up.  The only
way to exit that lock is to unplug my computer and cold boot.  I am running
XP PRO with Service Pack 3 and all the updates.  The video card is NVIDEA GE
Force4 MX 440 and I have the drivers dated 10/22/2006 v6.14.10.9371.  The
same VOB files play o.k. on an IBM thinkpad with the same VLC application
and running the same XP operating system.    What additional information can
I provide to you that will help you suggest a solution for my "lockup
problem"?

Marc