[vlc] Problem with the new download

Aidan Conway aidan.conway at optusnet.com.au
Sun May 3 08:00:24 CEST 2009

I was using 0.8.6i for quite sometime and i decided to upgrade to the
latest vlc 0.9.9 when i downloaded it and installed it all of my movie
files which previously played fine no come up with a dll error it says

"vlc.exe - Illegal System DLL Relocation"

The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will
not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL
C:\windows\system32\SHELL32.dll occupied an address range reserved for
Windows system DLLS The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for
a new DLL

Can anyone help I cannot play any movies on any media players now