[vlc] Building 0.9.9a on x86_64

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 17:42:36 CEST 2009

Folks, compilation on amd64 (x86_64 linux) fails
because the scripts attempt to link objects with
libs in /lib and /usr/lib   instead of /lib64 and /usr/lib64.
Of course, the link fails due to incompatible object and
library formats. On fc7 (which is what I am running),
I have 32 bit libs in /lib and /usr/lib
and I have 64 bit libs in /lib64 and /usr/lib64.

All I did was
./configure
make

and compilation failed when it attempted to link
an object with /usr/lib/libSDL.so (which is a 32 bit lib).
It should have attempted to link with /usr/lib64/libSDL.so

JD