[vlc] VLC 1.0.0 RC1 Mac Intel

Juergen Fenn juergen.fenn at gmx.de
Fri May 15 00:12:52 CEST 2009

Hello,

first of all, thanks for developing VLC media player.

After installing VLC 1.0.0 RC1 on my MacBook (MacIntel Mid 2007, Mac OS
X 10.5.6), I can no longer select whether to use VLC or Quicktime player
in ZDF mediathek at http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/ (a pop-up window
opens when you select the first link). The video starts right away. I
complain about this because, then, Firefox 3.0.10 on my MacBook runs at
between 100--120% in both processor kernels as displayed in the
systemm's activity monitor, making the fan run at a considerable noise
which is most unpleasant.

I would be grateful if you please could look into this issue.

When listening to my radio playlists, everything works fine so far with
the new version. Playlist handling is so much better than in the 0.9x
series that I replaced v0.9.9a with the RC1.

Many thanks in advance,
Jürgen.