[vlc] Using DVD's own menu

Ryo Kimball ryokimball at gmail.com
Fri May 15 15:10:36 CEST 2009

You are reading from a DVD itself, right?

It sounds to me like you are opening the files instead of the disc
itself. If this is the case, you can open the disc directly from VLC
by pressing ctrl+d or going to media-->"Open Disc..."; then choose DVD
for "Disc Selection" as well as the appropriate disc device, then
press the Play button at the bottom. Alternatively, assuming you are
running Windows, you can right-click the DVD drive from My Computer
and have it play in VLC from there (you may have to go to "Open With"
--> "select application"), even as a default program to watch DVDs in.

If I have misunderstood or if this is indeed what you are doing but
are still having problems, my apologies and hopefully someone else can
assist you further.