[vlc] A Problem

cool stuff coolstuff1776 at yahoo.com
Thu May 28 01:10:39 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have looked through the FAQ and the Wiki and I cannot find an answer to my problem.

I am sorry to bother, but I am very lost.

Here is my issue.

I have been using VLC for a long time, no issues.

Recently, when I click on a video icon, with the VLC image, the video will not start.

If I right click on the icon and try to "open with" VLC, nothing happens.

If I open VLC and open file and open the same video, it plays just fine.

If I right click on the same icon, open with, and use windows media player, it plays fine.

I am baffled why the video wont open VLC, in any way, but VLC will open the video?

I am using Vista.

If you have a solution please let me know.

Corey