[vlc] VLC Media Player for Windows 7 64-bit

Felix Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 2 20:51:32 CET 2009

Hello,

The 32bit version of VLC 1.0.3 is fully qualified to run on the 64bit
version of Windows 7. For now, there would be a tiny performance
improvement if VLC was running in 64bit mode. This would be hardly
noticable.

The VideoLAN Team is working on a 64bit port of VLC for Windows, but
it is far from being finished as VLC is a complex application and too
few people are working on the Windows port to accompilish this task
quickly.

In the meantime, you're welcome to run the 32bit version and won't
loose a single feature.

Best regards,

Felix Kühne