[vlc] Interesting use for VLC video player.

Jean-Philippe André jpeg at videolan.org
Wed Nov 4 08:46:18 CET 2009

Hello,

Wednesday 04 November 2009, 22:03:37,
Stuart Hanlon wrote:
> I am struggling to get Windows Media player to play a video file in full
> screen when it is double click in the explorer, without showing the rather
> annoying playback bar at the bottom.
>
> Is it possible that VLC could work for me?

Probably, yes.

> If so, can you briefly explain how I would configure it?

You need to do two things: configure VLC media player and make sure that the
files are associated to VLC (in explorer).
The configuration is quite easy:
- Run VLC, open the menu Tools, then Preferences
- Disable "Show a controller in fullscreen" (on the first "interface" panel)
- Enable "Fullscreen" in the Video panel
Save and Quit.

Then to associate the files to VLC, either you know how to do it from explorer
(right-click / properties / associations or something similar), or you can
reinstall VLC, it should allow you to set the file associations that you desire
(all video files for VLC).

This should do the trick.

Best regards,

--