[vlc] Mkv Bug

Anthony Loiseau thannoy at actech-innovation.com
Wed Nov 4 09:57:33 CET 2009

Hi,

Is it a bug?
I guess your video has been encoded using a free/demo encoder called
"AutoMKV" which insert advertisement in the title metadata mkv field.

The title is fetched from inside the mkv file, it is a valid string
metadata VLC can not distinguish from ads. If you use command-line to
launch your VLC media player, then you should be able to use
":video-title=foo" to override the title.

Regards,
anthony