[vlc] RTSP server with vod and trickplay

Vladimir Dolgonenko dolgon at inbox.lv
Sun Nov 8 20:28:47 CET 2009

Hello,

I am very sorry for my bad English.

I am using Windows 7 operating system (rtsp server machine). My installed
vlc program version is 1.0.3.

I have some problems with enabling trickplay via rtsp stream using vlc
windows GUI interface. I read that this functionality is implemented in
version 1.0.0, but in my case it isn't working.

I am starting vlc application with shortcut and the execution line is :

"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" -vvv --ttl 12 --color -rtsp-host
192.168.1.10:5554 --sout-ts-pid-video 68 --sout-ts-pid-audio 69 --extraintf
telnet --telnet-password videolan

In GUI going to "Tools -> VLM configuration" I am creating new channel "ch1"
with input file "*.avi", output is not configured.

On the client side (Windows XP SP3) I am using vlc player version 1.0.3.
with GUI interface (without special parameters). I can open the stream
configuring "Open Network Stream" RTSP and the link is
rtsp://192.168.1.10/ch1

My film is playing without problems, but in timeline  is always shown
0:00/1:37. When I am trying to seek film, playback just stops without errors
(play and pause works fine).

I tried to found something how to solve my problem with no result. May be
there is some material that can help me. May be there is one small command
that can configure rtsp server to enable trickplay. Or may be I need to mux
my video in different format before adding to input field.

Best regards, Vladimir.