[vlc] running VLC in directfb inside X11

Flavio Alberto Lopes Soares flavio.thunder at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 21:13:01 CET 2009

Hello all,
this is my first post and I'm trying to run a video in VLC running inside
X11 in a Linux PC, but I like to run this video on a DirectFB window running
inside X, this is possible ?

I compiled VLC using the following configure options (1.0.3) :
./configure --prefix=/opt/vlc --enable-directfb --enable-x11
--disable-skins2 --disable-qt4 --enable-run-as-root

I already has a DirectFB (last version from git) compiled with x11 support
and I ran VLC on a real console (logged as root) and it plays video OK in
DirectFB.

My .directfbrc has the line :
system=x11

When I run VLC on X it shows the video in X window and I don't know how to
call DirectFB windows instead X window.

Thanks for any help.

Flávio Alberto Lopes Soares