[vlc] Can't import to MovieMaker

Holly Mayfield hollysjubilee at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 14 07:18:55 CET 2009

Dear Sirs:

I have a Kodak digital camera that takes great photos and short video clips.

I downloaded the video clips to "My Videos" folder, and was told that I needed to compress them in a Zip File to attach them to an e-mail.

I put all the videos into zip format, but several of them are still too large to send in e-mails, so, I brought up "Movie Maker" and tried to import the videos so I could resize them.

When the folder with the videos in it came up I could see the thumbnails on the front of the folder, but when I clicked to "Open" the folder, no videos were found in there for importing, BUT, if I open "My Videos" folder and then click on the new folder with the video clips in there, I can see the clips and even play them . . . but I need to resize them.

I decided that I should just import the videos directly from my camera to Movie Maker . . . but when I plugged my camera into the computer and started to use the Windows Wizard to download the videos, they showed on the screen as little orange and white traffic cone, videolan icons . . . and I am unable to import them to the Windows Movie Maker.

I was stunned that Video Lan had changed the video clips to Video Lan format even on my camera card.  How can I change them back to "normal?"

How can I import the changed video clips to Windows Movie Maker for resizing?

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Holly Mayfield