[vlc] VLC Media Player for Windows 7

Anthony Loiseau thannoy at actech-innovation.com
Fri Nov 27 16:39:11 CET 2009

Hi,

Latest VLC version (1.0.3) is the one to use with Windows 7.

Here is an extract of News section (www.videolan.org):

VLC 1.0.3 Release
2009-10-31

The VLC developers are glad to bring you a new version of the
award-winning VLC. This version brings a various improvements and fixes,
and especially an important issue with Windows® 7 that worsened the
video quality of the default output of VLC. VLC 1.0.3 has been tested to
meet all of the technical requirements to be «Compatible with Windows®
7»
This release also provides new deinterlacer filters, fixes for the
interface and the WMA Professional support on Windows.
Update: Binaries for Mac OS X are now available.

VLC 1.0.3 Release Candidate and Windows 7
2009-10-22

The VLC developers are very glad to offer you the first release
candidate of the third minor update of the popular "Goldeneye" version
of VLC.
This version brings a few improvements and fixes, and especially fixes
an important issue with Windows® 7 that worsened the video quality of
the default output of VLC. As Windows® 7 will be available today, the
windows maintainers of VLC wanted to sync with this release.
This release candidate provides also updated translations, new
deinterlacer filters, fixes for the interface and the WMA Professional
support on Windows. Please test this release candidate and report bugs.
Windows binaries are available.
Update: Binaries for Mac OS X are available here.