[vlc] TS to DVD

John & Jenny Hall hallj at wanadoo.fr
Mon Oct 5 09:20:40 CEST 2009

Cher Collègue

I am trying to convert files copied from a Humax FoxSat HDR digibox to a Hitachi external hard drive.  The files are all in *.TS format, but Windows can't read them.  I burned one test set from the Hitachi to a DVD but the DVD player rejected them.

Chicago_20090722_2245.hmt
Chicago_20090722_2245.nts
Chicago_20090722_2245.ts

An adviser from AVForums says I only need the TS file and recommended your software to convert them from TS to a format my DVD player can read and play back.  Here's what he wrote.

The .ts file (transport stream) is the only file you need. The other files are sidecar files required by the hdr to play the .ts file. The .ts needs conversion to a programme stream file (.mpg) for use with a dvd authoring package.

As others have said it's not free but it's a very clever piece of software Video Redo TV Suite is the bees knees

VideoReDo MPEG Video Editing Software

You can play and convert .ts files on a PC using the free VLC Player

VLC media player - Open Source Multimedia Framework and Player

I registered as nosliere and downloaded it this morning but can't get confirmation (no email received) and I can't get into the video menu.  When I tried direct from your French site I can't get in because I have no confirmation code.  Once I get the software up and working, will it convert TS to MPG easily and quickly?  I have 50 or so classic movies to burn and make more room on the Humax.

I am English but I live in France (N D de Cenilly, 50).

Je sais bien parler et lire français, mais je préfère travailler en anglais.  Aidez-moi svp.

Cordialement

John Hall