[vlc] vout x11

maxime louvel m.louvel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 09:54:00 CEST 2009

Hi,

when I try to play some movies on my laptop I need to use the flag
--vout=x11.
If not it just crashes with the following message :

[????????] x11 video output error: X11 request 132.19 failed with error code
11:/tmp/pouet
 BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
X Error of failed request:  BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  132 (XVideo)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  19 ()
  Serial number of failed request:  82

My guess is that my graphic card hasn't enough memory to render the movie,
is that correct ?
what is surprising is that I don't think I'm ever able to render a movie
(even a small one)

when I set the flag --vout=x11 how well my graphic card is used by vlc ?

cheers,

Maxime

--
Maxime Louvel