[vlc] Problem with audio during playback

Philippe COUTANT papou.c at free.fr
Tue Oct 20 18:34:47 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm experimenting audio problem with VLC.

- VLC versions .86 to the latest (1.0.2) tested
- runing Windows Vista SP2
- AMD 740 chipset on Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S2H motherboard
- 4GB RAM
- AMD athlon 64 dual core 4850e
- audio output set to WaveOut Win32, through coaxial S/Pdif

When listening to audio files (MP3, Wav, ...) or during DVD playback, some "freezes" occur (but not on video) from about one minute to the end. I observe in the same time a desychronization between audio and video.
The problem occurs each time I try to play anything; the worst is that Windows Media Player do it fine (for audio only, obviously), just as other softwares.
I tried to change drivers, but nothing.
What can I do ?

Rergards,

Philippe COUTANT (France)