[vlc] Thank you! + DVD troubleshooting

Karen Henton dharmaarthakama at mac.com
Tue Sep 8 06:16:44 CEST 2009

Hello VLC Members,

I've been using VLC for two years now with very good results, save one
or two odd DVDs, a few from England and one from the States.  I had my
basic drive for my Mac OS X set to Region 1 at that time.  Recently
though I've been having more trouble with DVDs and one avi file.

Regarding the DVDs, Lat week I updated my VLC version to the latest
Version 1.0.1 Goldeneye (Intel 32bit), and changed my Mac OS X version
10.5.8 Leopard DVD drive from Region 1 to Region 2, just to have a
main device that can read region 2 discs, which is what most of my
DVDs are.

I popped in a Region 1 from the US and  VLC will not play it.  The
message reads:  dvdnav warning: cannot get next block (Error reading
from DVD.)

The .avi file I tried to playback also doesn't play.  It didn't play
when I had the older version of VLC with my main drive set to Region
1, and it doesn't play now with the reset drive and the new version of
VLC.

Could you kindly help?  Thanks!

Also drop me a note on how to donate!

Karen