[vlc] Unfortunate wording

Michael Bender Michael.Bender at Sun.COM
Tue Sep 22 19:56:10 CEST 2009

On Sep 22, 2009, at 2:55 AM, Joe Woodburn wrote:

> In your section of the license entitled 'How to Apply These Terms to
> Your New Programs'
>
> I can't help thinking that Ty Coon is not a particularly good pun.
> I appreciate
> your intentions, but I'm sure you're aware how popular the name
> Tyrone is
> with African Americans.
>
> The extract in question:
> <signature of Ty Coon>, 1 April 1989
> Ty Coon, President of Vice

The funny thing is, I would never have thought to confuse "Ty Coon" with
"Tyrone", much as I would never think to confuse "Fred" with "Joe".

But, maybe that's just me and I don't understand the finer points of
misplaced sensitivity to a non-issue.

mike