[vlc] Subtitles

reubenbsr reubenbsr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 02:30:16 CEST 2009

Based on the lack of responses to most of the questions others have asked, I
expect nobody will answer this one either, but I will ask anyway.

VLC does not handle subtitles in VOB files stored on my hard drive in
folders properly. Every time a new file opens I have to right click on the
Video menu and select the subtitles manually. Also, each file has the
subtitles on a different track, and the tracks are identified only by
number, so it is a guessing game as to which of the several tracks holds the
English subtitles for that particular file.

I know I can extract all the subtitles to a separate file using VOBSUB but
this is a lot of time and effort. Is there any other way to solve this
problem?