[vlc] VLC on Debian Lenny

Marek Wysmulek derektor at tlen.pl
Sat Sep 26 11:07:21 CEST 2009

Dear All.

I went by almost whole archive and I can't find any subject about compiling VLC on Debian Lenny.

1) .deb package that is added to Debian Lenny does not contains IceCast2 support.

I was trying to take sources if this package and compile it adding IceCast2 support but I failed.

I dont know how Debian developers could compile vlc package at all (!?) I faced so many crucial error, that I gave up.

VLC compiled from apt sources sayes that glibc, libffmpeg and many more are not compatibile. So how this .deb package is compiled ?

Any way. Is there possibility to find source code of vlc to compile it on Debian Lenny successfully ?

2) Does VLC support streaming video from FLV files ? I'm trying but only audio from flv is streamed.

Please give me at least some link(s) to learn more.

Best regards.

Marek.