[vlc] Selecting a Program with the RC Interface

Gerry Collett gcollett at ket.org
Mon Apr 19 18:32:57 CEST 2010

I am streaming 3 digital TV programs on a single channel with an
HDHomerun box.  Using the QT interface, I can select which program
(the decimal part of a digital channel) I want to watch.  However, I
am wanting to do this with a Perl script using the RC interface and
telnetting into the port.  I can't find a command to set the program
using the RC interface.  Is there one?

The only option I can see which will allow me to control it via my
Perl script is to restart VLC using the --program <integer> command
line option.  But I would rather not have to stop and restart VLC
just to change which program I'm viewing.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Gerry

P.S. If this is the wrong list for this type of question, please let
me know where I should be asking it.