[vlc] VLC Error Correction

Kian Soon Cheng KianSoon.Cheng at sg.panasonic.com
Thu Apr 22 11:34:13 CEST 2010

To Whom It May Concern,

I currently use VLC Media Player for multicast streaming. I'm very
appreciate if you able to provide me information for below question:

1.       Does VLC provide any error correction/check method when
multicast streaming?

2.       If Does, what type of method used by VLC? How much of error can
be acceptable when streaming using VLC?

3.       Does VLC able to multicast real-time video capture from
camcorder?

4.       Can you please suggest me a device with HDMI input and IP
output which able to encode video to MPEG format at different bitrates?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

CHENG Kian Soon

Panasonic Singapore Laboratories Pte. Ltd.

Blk 1022 Tai Seng Avenue #06-3530

Tai Seng Ind. Est. Singapore 534415

DID: (65) 6550 5349    FAX: (65) 6550 5459

email: kiansoon.cheng at sg.panasonic.com