[vlc] Some suggestions re Videolan website

Peter Jones cwijones at pcug.org.au
Sun Apr 25 10:22:41 CEST 2010

Greetings from Australia

Thanks for a great free product - VLC Media Player.

The VLC portion of the Videolan website would be improved if it included:
(a) a history of the versions [or a link to a history in the
documentation or Wiki]; and
(b) a hyperlink to an explanation of "Goldeneye".

I saw that "The VLC development team is proud to introduce a new
version of its 'Goldeneye' branch" but it is not clear what the
purpose of that branch is or whether such VLC versions (eg 1.0.6)
will be accessible to members of the public.  I eventually found some
information in <http://wiki.videolan.org/VLC_CodeNames>.

Yours in good health,
Peter Jones

--
Complete Wellbeing (International)
Proven weight management, internal and external nutrition,
Ph/fax: +61 (2) 6241 4149; Email: cwijones at pcug.org.au