[vlc] Odd problem

Chris Armstrong cgarmstrong at me.com
Mon Aug 16 12:12:33 CEST 2010

Hey there, I've been a user of VLC for many years now, however upon reinstalling windows yesterday, I seem to have a strange bug which I've never encountered before and which I can't seem to solve.

I'm running VLC on Windows 7 64-bit, and the bug only occurs when the media I play has video output - whether this is an avi, mp4 of even playing a DVD. Initially I thought this could be being caused because I changed the video output to OpenGL because I use Phillips AmbX lighting, however I've changed the settings to defaults and reinstalled several times, all to no avail. Here's a screenshot of the crash - http://db.tt/nGHLDh

I can't think of any reason the crash could be happening - especially as audio files play with no problems at all. If you could help solve this annoying issue, I would be ever so grateful!

If you need any more information, please don't hesitate to ask, I'll do my best to help.

Thanks,

Chris Armstrong