[vlc] Major Audio CD Bug

Ross Faulkner rooster.faulkner at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 06:20:16 CEST 2010

Hi VLC Team,

I love VLC player and am very impressed with your work. However, I am having
trouble playing Audio CDs in the latest version (1.1.3 The Luggage).
Whenever I try to Open Disc, I point to the Audio CD in my DVD drive and it
crashes. Thinking it might just be a little gremlin, I go to Computer,
right-click on the Audio CD and select 'Play with VLC Media Player'. The VLC
window opens, then closes immediately. A later attempt to restart VLC will
tell me that it has crashed, so I have probably sent a fe bug reports by
now!

Am I doing something wrong? I am running Vista on a Dell Inspiron 530, but
have never had CD problems with VLC before.

Cheers,
Ross Faulkner

Canberra, ACT Australia