[vlc] playlist not surviving shutdown

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Sat Aug 28 09:37:44 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 09:47:04PM +0400, Arioch wrote:
> В письме от Thu, 26 Aug 2010 04:45:35 +0400, Robert Holtzman
> <holtzm at cox.net> сообщал:
>
> >I still have the one for the Cd collection and it plays
> >*now*....no extension. The fm playlist I had created wouldn't
>
> I still suggest you to open those palylists in text editor (mcedit
> in Midnigh commander, Kate in KDE, GEdit in gnome, pico and nano
> atandalone editors and a lot lot more) and check playlist formats,
> what they arre and are they not broken.

Posted to http://ubuntu.pastebin.com/V2CZnMk7. I set up the CD
playlist with a separate directory for each artist and a separate file
within these for each CD/album. As you can see on the pastebin site,
when I tried to run the cat command on a specific file I got the content
of the entire ~/playlist_CDs directory. To clarify, the ~/playlist_CDs
directory contains:

holtzm at localhost:~$ ls playlist_CDs
Blakey             ColemanHawkins  DexterGordon        HerbieHancock
LambertHendricksRoss  Monk
CannonBallAdderly  Coletrain       DizzyGillespie      HerbieMann
MilesDavis            MoseAllison
CliffordBrown      DaveBrubeck     HawkinsAndEldridge  HoraceSilver
MJQ                   OscarPeterson

The same thing happens with the ~/playlist_FM directory. Running cat
playlist_FM/KJZZ.xspsf on a single stream gives the content of the
entire directory.
bviously I haven't a clue as to how to set up a proper playlist. Any
guidance or pointers to docs appreciated.

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279