[vlc] A bug in the VLC media player.

Michael R. michaelhtvr at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 31 14:29:09 CEST 2010

Hello the Team dealing with the VLC media player,

Could you send this email to the team dealing with bugs in the VLC media player. Thanks in advance.

I encountered a problem and I am pretty sure it is a bug that occurred in one of the most recent versions of the VLC media player. Currently, I have the latest version 1.1.4. But this problem appeared at least 1 version before 1.1.4.

---First, do like Firefox did with their menu option Help, Report broken web site by giving a link to report bugs directly from one of the options in Help. Like Help, Report bugs.
The way to report bugs seem very complicated and this email is the simplest way I found (in a short search) to report a bug with you.

---Second, I have Windows 7 64-bit Home premium. In the previous versions of the VLC media player, each time I opened a file using the VLC media player, it appeared as a recently opened file in Windows 7 under Start, VLC media player and clicking the arrow listing the recent files opened with the VLC media player, I could see a link to it.
However, this basic function stopped working when I updated to the latest versions of the VLC media player and now each time I open a file using the VLC media player, it simply does not appear at all in the list of recent files opened with the VLC media player when I go to Start, VLC media player, and click on the arrow listing the recently opened files with the VLC media player.
I tried to see if there is an option in Preferences related to this particular point but there is not. I do not think it is a problem related to Windows 7 and it surely has to be a problem related to the VLC media player latest versions.

Thanks to solve this bug and add the new feature I have mentioned.

Keep the great work you do with the VLC media player. Thanks.

Regards
Michael