[vlc] problem playing vlc format on a DVD player on a television

Kevin Campbell erthlits at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 31 20:59:18 CEST 2010

Hi,
I bought a DVD called A Course In Miracles The Movie, and was watching it with a
DVD player on my television, but I noticed that the ends of the picture were
chopped off, so that I couldn't see the whole screen being shown.  I checked the
video files on the DVD and they are a VLC video file format, which my DVD player
will play, but it doesn't seem to recognize the letter box format of the file.
 It doesn't seem that my DVD player works completely with the VLC video format.
 Of course, the above DVD looked fine on my computer using a VLC media player.
 Are they making DVD television players that support VLC video file formats?
 Thanks for any and all help in advance.

Kevin Campbell
erthlits at yahoo.com