[vlc] subtitle synch problem

Emre Erturk benemremiyim at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 02:57:59 CET 2010

Dear Videolan VLC Team,

I have been using VLC Player for about 2 years (mainly for watching videos,
some converting and so on) and I want to thank you for this great media
player. During this time it has been mostly a problem free experience.

At this point of time there is one thing which I want to mention.

Subtitles synch: There is this situation when you have two or more files for
a movie and just one subtitle file. That means while watching the second
part of the movie you have to enter a big negative value into the "advance
of subtitles over video" parameter but you can't do that and exactly this is
my problem. For example I can't enter "-3349.000 s". I can enter -33 but
can't type anymore digits before the decimals. Is this a problem of VLC or
is it about my system or something else? How can I correct this if its
possible?

My system: Win7 64bit, VLC 1.1.5.

Best regards,

Emre