[vlc] VLC video problem and crash

cc.mcmahon at sympatico.ca cc.mcmahon at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 16 20:20:55 CET 2010

Hi Folks

After trying to read through all of your data, FAQ's, and other
documentation, I just can't seem to find the answer to my woes.

I am a first time user of VLC.  The OS is Win XP Pro SP-3 fully updated.

First of all, what I am trying to do, is put my movies onto a portable 500 G
hard drive, that I can plug into my Blu-Ray player USB port, and watch on my
LCD TV, instead of having to burn onto disks.  I have used DVD Fab
Decrypter, and DVD Shrink to save space on the HDD.

Your VLC media player will play the movie files .m4v, converted from the
usual VIDEO_TS, .ISO, .BMP, .IFO etc., using Handbrake, but there is no
video, only audio.  Then when I try to exit VLC, the player crashes, so it's
CTRL-ALT-Del and into task manager, to exit the program.

I would attach any error logs, but for the life of me, I can't find them
anywhere on the PC.

Any help you can offer or suggest is very much appreciated.

Thanks, and have a great day, from frosty Ontario, Canada

Claude McMahon