[vlc] Version 1.1.5. playing problems

Jan Vejbor JanVejbor at seznam.cz
Mon Dec 20 18:15:51 CET 2010

Dear VLC team,

I would like to ask you whether there is some higher power demand for the use of the last version of the VLC player? Since installing, I cannot play neither videos nor music smoothly on the lowest EEE PC "Power Saving" regime, I have to go at least to "Auto High" which translates in a boost from 800 Mhz to 1600 Mhz. There is a double power consumption, which is quite limiting. I have downgraded back to version 1.1.2. and no problems occur.

Is this normal? Thank you for your answer :)

Cheers,

Jan