[vlc] Q: how to get rid of the stupid "XMAS" icons?

hendrich at informatik.uni-hamburg.de hendrich at informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Thu Dec 30 21:01:49 CET 2010

Hi guys,

I know it will disappear in a few hours... but I would like to disable
the ANNOYING xmas decoration RIGHT NOW! Ugly! And yes, I am supposed to
be Christian and all, celebration of love and peace, but I still simply
HATE it  when my applications change their behaviour in an unwanted,
unpredicted, and unnecessary way. I can use commercial stuff from MS and
Adobe, if I want something like this.

Please, please, please, just add (or document) an option to remove the
idiocy, and all is well.

---

BTW I tried to search for this on the documentation, and on Google, and
in the bug database. Over one hour of wasted effort, similar for the
non-functional registration to the bug-database.

How do you report a bug, if registration to the bug-database wants a
confirmation of e-mail address, but never sends the confirmation token?

Best regards,
and I hope everything goes normal tomorrow night,
   Norman