[vlc] About GPL

videolan lan vlanproject at yahoo.fr
Wed Feb 3 14:04:04 CET 2010

Hi,
I have been reading the GPU licences both in english and in fernch, and could not understand one specific point that is whether not stated or not understood by myself.
Please could you enlight me on this point.
I would like to use a component of a particular FREE program, such as Vlc. I would like to use the Active X, which i will use with no modification of the original code, just making a call to the activex from a program develop in c# for example.
Now in this program i would call this active x, and maybe other activex Flash, IE, or else.
Can i then sell my program which is using a mix of activex call under certain conditions, which make it the program i m developping, without overcome the law ?
As in fact, i d rather not distribute the code source of my program although simple it is since it s the way i want to sell it, beeing a mix of activex.
Thanks for providing me an answer.
Regards,
Mike.