[vlc] 1.0.5 Issues

Matthew Sladnick mattsladnick at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 06:04:39 CET 2010

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. This morning I installed VLC
1.0.5 and right when it finished downloading I had issues. At first VLC
would not open up at all, it would show up in the task manager but no
windows would appear. Then I uninstalled VLC and reinstalled it and I was
able to get it to play videos however it would not allow me to open a video
simply by clicking on it, I had to open VLC, and then choose the file
through VLC. This was getting the job done at least but then I noticed
whenever I downloaded a new video file a video that was already playing
would switch over to the new one and the second I exited out of VLC the new
video file would not be in my downloads. 1.0.4 worked just fine on my
computer but switching over to 1.0.5 has been quite a hassle. My computer is
in very good condition, with very good performance abilities so I do not see
the problem to be with my computer as I have restarted it several times and
it was working fine until I downloaded the latest version. If you could
either tell me what is going on and how to fix it or send me a .exe of VLC
1.0.4 as I can not find it anywhere online that would be great.